Kindred Spirits on the Edge – an international community where human potential and evolving consciousness meet.
The mission of AHP is to enhance the quality of human experience and to advance the evolution of human consciousness. We fulfill our mission by sponsoring, alone and with strategic partners, educational events and projects, publications, and a global Web presence.
Principles upon which AHP is based include a deep commitment to:
- integrity in personal and professional interactions,
- authenticity and trust in human relationships,
- compassion and skill in deep listening, and
- respect for the mystery, interdependence, value, and essential oneness of all beings.
AHP assesses the success of its services by the extent to which participants and recipients of our services report:
- A sense of connection with conscious community
- Enhanced quality of life
- Increased awareness of the principles of humanistic psychology and their applications
- Greater skill in applying humanistic methods to their
- professional practice
AHP assesses the efficiency and effectiveness of its events, projects, partnerships, publications, and Web presence by the extent to which they:
- Further the mission of the organization
- Foster the enhancement of humanistic qualities in their participants
- Contribute to the sustainable growth and development of the organization
- Support humanistic values and ideas worldwide.
Core Values AHP members are linked to each other by a shared set of values:
- a belief in the worth of persons and dedication to the development of human potential.
- an understanding of life as a process, change is inevitable.
- an appreciation of the spiritual and intuitive.
- a commitment to ecological integrity.
- a recognition of the profound problems affecting our world and a responsibility to hope and constructive change.